For Health Care Professionals
At Merck, we realize that some patients who need specific Merck medications and adult vaccines may not be able to afford them and do not have access to them through insurance coverage.
The suite of programs are private and confidential programs that provide products free of charge to eligible individuals, primarily the uninsured who, without our assistance, could not afford needed Merck medicines or adult vaccines.
This program offers temporary assistance to patients who generally meet the following requirements:
- The patient must be a US resident.
- The patient has no pharmaceutical insurance coverage.*
- The patient meets specified financial criteria and cannot afford to pay for medication.
- The physician/prescriber has determined that a Merck product may be appropriate for treating the patient.
* Individuals who don’t meet the insurance criteria may still qualify for the Merck Patient Assistance Program if they attest that they have special circumstances of financial and medical hardship, and their income meets the program criteria.
We have designed the program to make it convenient for you and your patients:
- A single application may provide for up to 1 year of products free of charge to eligible individuals and an individual may reapply as many times as needed.
- Once eligibility has been verified, the medication(s) will be sent directly to the patient's home unless otherwise indicated by the licensed provider.
- Medication(s) will be labeled for the patient.
- Prescriptions with refills are accepted.
- Patients can initiate the prescription refill process directly.
Information regarding the Merck Vaccine Patient Assistance Program:
The Program uses the following criteria to determine licensed prescriber participation:
- Stocks Merck vaccines
- Willing to screen applications according to Merck's eligibility criteria
- Willing to work with Merck's vendor to process applicants
- Willing to accept potential auditing to participate in the program
- Willing to accept that no vaccine administration fee is provided by Merck
- Willing to keep individual immunization records
Merck will replace the doses of vaccine administered to approved patients via quarterly shipments to the licensed prescriber. Merck retains the right to select either prefilled syringes or vials for replacement doses, which may or may not be the same as what was administered to approved patients.
If you have any questions:
- If you have any general questions about the Merck patient assistance programs, please call 1-800-727-5400, Monday through Friday,
8 AM to 8 PM EST.
- For contact information about a specific program, please refer to the program and contact information on the Programs page.
- Merck reserves the right to change or discontinue the programs at any time.
- Products distributed through the Merck Patient Assistance Program, Inc. are free of charge to all eligible patients. Merck is not associated with any individuals or organizations that may charge patients a fee to assist them in completing applications for our program. These individuals or organizations are acting independently of Merck, and do not have Merck's consent.
Before prescribing any Merck product, please read the Prescribing Information.